David desMarest House,

Bergen Co.,

New Jersey

The House

Built by David des Marest about 1678 on the Hackensack River at New Milford, Bergen Co., NJ, this colonial Dutch house was deteriorating through vandalism and weathering until it was moved in 1958 to a small park in North Hackensack. The land is owned by the Bergen County Historical Society, and accomodates several other historic structures, including the Zabriskie home, known as the von Steuben House.

 Returns:

Return to genealogy.

Return to home page.

   Revised 16 Sep 1998