Directions for Creating and Working on a Web Site on your Alpha Account
Back to the Index Page
- Logon to the alpha
- At the alpha prompt, type
- You will be informed about what will happen and asked if you want to continue. Type, y
- The machine will do all sorts of things after which you will have a new directory called "public_html" which will contain one file called "index.html".
- The directory will hold any pages you create (such as your acknowledgement page, which you will name "ack.html"), any pictures you download that you want to include on your page and index.html. Index.html is the web page.
- To view your web page you will use either Netscape or Internet Explorer.
- To work on your page you will use either pico or Wordpad.